Sunday, August 3, 2014

Merge 25 - Friday Photo Gallery

Last weekend's Merge 25, Merge Records' 25th anniversary party, was one whirlwind of great music.  "Friday day" and Friday night had some great shows.  I barely made the end of the Dinner Party Download taping at Nightlight, but was able to catch Teenage Fanclub play one song in probably the most intimate setting in which you'll ever see a band of that stature play.  Then I head over to OCSC to catch slightly younger band, St. Rich garage-out the back lot.  

The night at Cat's Cradle started with probably my favorite set of the entire festival, by Hospitality.  It seems I'm always most excited about the new bands I haven't seen live yet... restless musical soul, I guess.  But they were great.  Amber Papini's vocals are truly unique, and the songs are catchy as hell.  Wye Oak were another highlight (as always), and although I missed most of Destroyer's set (and all of David Kilgour's), what I did catch made me wish I had seen more... the horns were chaotic and hypnotic.  But hey, I was talking to Bob Mould, so you can forgive me. :)

More photos from Saturday's big show to come soon.

Teenage Fanclub...

 St. Rich...

Hospitality...






 Imperial Teen...



 Wye Oak...





 Destroyer...




No comments:

Post a Comment