Thursday, April 7, 2016

Skylar Gudasz, "Oleander" Record Release Show, Cat's Cradle, 4/1/16 - "I'll Be Your Man" and "Wildflower Perfume" (videos)

Skylar Gudasz's Oleander.  Wow, what a debut, and what a release show for it!  I wish I had time to write a full review of this record.  Just too busy of late with real life to give it a thorough and thoughtful write-up, which I want to do when there's a record I really enjoy.  It's full of songs of beautiful sparseness and impermanence, with a few kickers thrown in (okay, a one-sentence review).  You'll just have to get it yourself, and watch the two videos from the show below.  The first is from the album, and the second is a Dead Tongues cover.

Gudasz plays April 15th at the always great Phuzz Phest in Winston-Salem.  One of many reasons to head west next weekend (I believe her set is Friday night at Krankie's).

No comments:

Post a Comment