Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Organos Lives! First show in years, some videos...

One of my favorite, and one of the most unique, Triangle bands is Organos, the brainchild of Durham's Maria Albani.  Lately, she's been keeping herself busy with the Potluck FoundationSee Gulls, and Schooner, not to mention rescuing dogs from Mexico (oh and I'm sure a job or something).  But Organos is her baby, her musical voice.

I rarely take so many videos of a band.  But the desire for such was expressed, and Organos' sound lends itself well to the questionable sound recording of my Nikon (i.e., not so much loud guitar, feedback and distortion).  Plus, who knows when they'll play again?!  (a little bird tells me Nightlight in July)

So here's 5 songs from Organos, recorded at the Anti-HB2 Fundraiser at Kings.  It was put on by the band Make, who were also great... and don't get me started about In the Year of the Pig, whom I had stupidly never seen!  I took a vid of them as well, but I'm not sure yet how it came out (I'll post if it's decent).











Besides just raising awareness to fight HB2 and discrimination in general, the show was a fundraiser for Southerners on New Ground.  Check out the link to learn more about the cause.

1 comment: